..on the Olympics, and I know we’ve only just started.
- ambivalent due to the cost at a time of major cuts
- furious about empty seats from corporate sponsors – how arrogant and disrespectful of the hard work of participants who have so often struggled financially to make their way into the team.
- fed up of hearing about the beach volleyball bikinis….
- really cross that a friend was stopped on the pavement in London this week and held back whilst Olympic officials entered their hotel…. not sure if she should have curtseyed or doffed a forelock.
- I loved the opening ceremony – got quite teary eyed – though that may have been cos I watched it on Sky plus following an evening of merriment involving Bellini’s and Pinot Grigio, though Nimrod and Shakespeare in such close proximity are guaranteed to reduce me to a blubbering wreck at any time
- Music choices were perfect for me, stirring memories at every stage, including bizarrely Tiger Feet for reasons I won’t disclose here, though at least one reader shares the memory.
- I loved the young people lighting the cauldron felt it was absolutely the right choice
- I have no nails left after the cycle road races… and go girls!!! Great result in appalling conditions,and kudos to the crowds who have turned out in such great numbers.
So really I am in it, embracing it , living the highs and lows, hoping for success and a lasting legacy.. and full seats..