… on the Olympics.
Following on from last weeks first thoughts http://wp.me/p1ASgW-9t when I said I was embracing the high’s and lows… well so far
- so many magnificent performances especially from Team GB – too many to mention
- women competing in all sports
- the brave women who defied culture and repression to compete
- the exuberance of the crowds and supporters
- receiving texts and tweets from friends in the Olympic Park, out on the cycling routes, in the velodrome and vicariously enjoying their excitement
- the overall sense of national obsession – I stayed in the car listening to rowing commentary before getting out to meet with a colleague… she was doing the same!
- Boris stuck on a zip wire
and the lows..
- not being there
- the Daily Mail obsession with the ability of the Duchess of Cambridge to change outfits 3 times in a day… I will eagerly await their forthcoming campaign to make outfit changing an Olympic Event
- the negative attitude of post event commentators… Far too many of the’ how dissapointed are you to only win a silver/bronze’ comments. For heavens sake just getting to be in the Olympic Team is a magnificent achievement… celebrate it and let them know how much their effort is appreciated.
on which note I am off to watch the tennis finals and cheer on Murray (x2) and Robson and I don’t care if its a Silver or Gold… it will be brilliant.
Lets celebrate success and stop looking for failure..